American roulette is one of the roulette variants that is consistently well-liked by players and casinos. For gamers who want to learn how to play American roulette, it features straightforward regulations that are simple and easy to understand.
However, in learning how to play American roulette, you must thoroughly understand what it entails and how to play it utilizing techniques that have been proven to be successful. You can’t build a house excluding the foundation, right? Therefore, you must understand the fundamental guidelines for playing American roulette. And if you stick to this roulette guide, you ought to have no trouble winning your first round of American roulette.
Tips on How To Play American Roulette
In American roulette, a wheel with 38 pockets numbered 0 to 36 is used. Numbers 1 through 36 are alternately marked in red and black, while the single zero and double zero are marked in green. The 38 numbers are all arranged in a straight line.
Predicting the number of pockets where the ball will land after making bets is the basis to understand how to play American roulette. The dealer spins the roulette wheel in one direction after bets are placed, then spins the ball in the opposite direction. You receive a payment if the ball lands in the pocket you correctly predicted.
American Roulette – Steps to Play
- Analyze the table
You must first carefully examine and comprehend the table to understand better how to play American roulette. If you took your time, you would find that the table has “even” and “odd” parts, and the primary colors are, as previously mentioned, red and black. Numbers in the table range from 1 to 36. Additionally, you would notice a zero and a double zero; these are denoted by the color green rather than the standard red and black used for other numbers between 1 and 36.
- Place a wager
Now that you are familiar with the gaming table’s layout, you must choose the casino chips you wish to bet and place them on the table to spin the wheel.
If you are playing this game at an online casino, you will typically find it near the bottom of the screen. You can make several wagers with a payout ratio of 2 to 1 on each column marked with 12 numbers. The payout ratio for outside bets, which do not form lines or patterns, is 1 to 1. Only single numbers payout at a 35 to 1 ratio, but you need great luck to win such a bet. The different types of bets will be covered in more detail, later on this guide.
- Spin the wheel!
Spin the roulette wheel after you have placed your bets and are confident in your choices. You will receive a payment if your wager is a winner.
- Receive your payment
You ought to go collect your winnings if your wager was a winner. And if you lose, you forfeit the wager; you must keep trying until you succeed. In American roulette, the RTP is 94.74%.
American Roulette: Types of Bets
When playing American roulette, you can place individual or group bets; if you carefully examine the table, as mentioned previously, you will see the two sections for it. Let’s talk about the wagers that can be made on both inside and outside wagers:
- A straight-up bet: A straight-up bet is placed directly on a single number. “0” and “00” are not excluded from the single numbers on which bets can be placed. It pays out at a 35:1 ratio.
- Split the bet: This is a bet placed on the adjacent line between any two numbers. It has a set payout of 17 to 1.
- Street Bet: A street bet contains all three consecutive numbers in a row and is placed at the end of the row line. An example of the numbers is 0, 1, 2; 0, 00, 2; etc. It has a payout of 11 to 1.
- Corner Bet: This bet houses four numbers and is placed at the corner where the numbers touch. It has a payout of 8 to 1.
- Five BET: A five-cent bet is placed at the corner of 0 and 1, and it contains numbers from 0 to 3. It has a payout of 6 to 1.
- Line Bet: A line bet is placed at the end of two rows, on the border of two rows of three numbers. It always features six numbers and has a payout of 5 to 1.
- Column Bet: The bet is placed on an entire column and is placed on the “2-1” box at the end of the column. Its payout is 2 to 1.
- Dozen Bet: From the word “dozen,” it is easy to grasp that this bet is placed on 12 numbers and that it is placed on the “first 12” box, the “second 12” box, or the “third 12” box sections. Its payout is 2 to 1.
- Bet on color: This bet is placed on the roulette wheel’s red and black numbers. Its payout is 1 to 1.
- Bet on Odd or Even: You get to place a bet on either the “Even” box or the “Odd” box on the roulette table, and it has a payout of 1 to 1. But all even and odd numbers are used in this bet.
- Place a bet on low or high: All low and high numbers are used in this bet, and you either place a bet on the “Low” box (1 to 18) or the “High” box (19 to 36). Its payout is 1 to 1.
- If the victorious number is 0 or 00, then all other bets aside from outside bets would be halved and returned to each player.
- If the winning number is black, odd, or red, even, the payout would be 3 to 1.
- If the winning number is 0, the payout would be 2 to 1.
It is important to know all of the inside and outside bets by heart if you want to master how to play American roulette well. When you know it by heart, you won’t have to rack your brain for what each bet means.
Use these roulette betting strategies to get the most out of your game:
- Practice with free American Roulette games at online casinos.
- Acquire knowledge of and apply American roulette strategies
- Recognize your house’s edge.
- Be less daring and concentrate more on outside wagers than inside wagers.
- Pay attention to the playing patterns that other players employ.
- Take advantage of the bonuses online casinos offer.
- Learn to manage your bankroll.
Now that you know more about the game, log in at Slots Paradise Casino, and don’t miss out on the chance of winning today!
Follow us on Slots Paradise’s social media, boost your knowledge and become a winner!
The basic house edge for double zero in American roulette is 5.26%, leaving a return to player percentage of 94.74%.
In all honesty, there isn’t an “optimal” roulette strategy for playing American roulette. Simply follow the advice that can help you win the game, and you’ll be OK. Go ahead if managing your finances or taking fewer chances works for you.