Roulette Guide: How to Play
Roulette is one of the most popular casino games worldwide and has been preferred by casino players since the seventeenth century. Players like to enjoy this game mainly because the rules are relatively simple and very easy to understand. Moreover, for serious players, roulette offers many opportunities to use different strategies, understand the roulette guide, and increase the player’s chance of winning.
Types of Roulette
The three most popular roulette variations are American, European, and French, which have slight differences every player should know. Even more, variations have appeared since the game started to be offered in online casinos. These give players more choices than playing in their local casinos.
American roulette has a double-zero on the wheel, while the other two do not. Unfortunately, this means the American version has lower odds of winning, with a house edge much higher than the other two games. Also, in American and European roulette, players lose an even money bet if the ball lands on zero or double-zero as opposed to the French version, where landing on zero pays the player back half their bet.
Guide to Roulette Online: The Basics
In roulette online, players are trying to predict where the ball will land on the wheel after it’s spun. Then, players wager by placing a bet on the roulette board using chips.
The board contains 38 numbers on the American version and 37 on the European version of the game and has various betting options. There is no skill involved in playing roulette, so bettors of every level have a chance to win money when playing.
The roulette board may look complicated at first, but the game is relatively simple. Each version of the game begins with the player choosing one or more bets to make. There is no time limit to make your bets when playing online, unlike when playing in a casino.
Once the bets are placed, it’s time to spin the wheel. Once the ball stops, if it lands on one of the player’s chosen numbers throughout all of their bets, the player is a winner.
Types of Bets
Roulette features a wide variety of possible bets, each having different odds of winning. Players can make as many bets as they like for each round.
There are two specific types of bets called “outside” bets and “inside” bets. This mainly refers to the part of the board in which the bets are placed, with inside bets being placed directly on the numbers in the center portion of the board and outside bets on the betting areas on the outside of the board.
The following are the different inside bets possible in the game. They are very important to understand the main goal of the roulette guide:
– Straight up: A straight-up bet is when the bet is placed on a single number on the board. A winning number on a straight-up bet has the best payout in the game, paying 35 to1.
– Split: A split bet is a bet on two numbers next to each other on the board. The bet can be placed by putting the chip on the line that divides the two numbers. If the ball lands on either of the numbers, it is a winner. A split bet pays 17 to 1.
– Street: A street bet is when it’s placed on three numbers that are in one row. Sometimes called a “trio” bet, the bet is placed by putting a chip on the outside line of the first number in the row. The bet wins if the ball lands on either of the three numbers and pays 11 to 1.
– Corner: A corner bet is a bet on four numbers at once. Place the bet by putting the chips on the intersecting line in the middle of all four numbers. The bet is a winner if any of the four numbers hits. This bet pays the player 8 to 1.
– Basket: This is a bet on five numbers, which can only be 0, 00, 1, 2, and 3. To place this bet, put the chips on the line between 0 and 1 on the side of the board. A winning bet is when the ball lands on either of the five numbers. A winning basket bet pays 6 to 1.
– Line: A line bet is when a wager is placed on two streets, which are the rows of three numbers that are side-by-side. Place the bet by putting the chips on the same line as when making the street bet and straddling both streets. The line bet pays winners 5 to 1.
Outside bets are placed in the area outside the board and have lower payouts with a higher chance of winning. Here are the different outside bets:
– Red/Black: This bet is on whether the ball will stop on a red or black number. Place the chip on either the red or black box on the board. The bet wins if the ball falls on the color chosen and pays even money for a winner.
– Even/Odd: This bet is whether the ball will land on an odd number or even number. Just place the chip either in the box that says odds or evens. The bet is a winner if the ball stops on the one chosen and pays 1-to-1.
– High/Low: This wager is placed on whether or not the ball will land on a low number (1-18) or a high number (19-36). To make this bet, place the chip on either the 1-18 or 19-36 section of the board. If the ball stops on a number that matches the player’s choice, the bet is a winner. This bet pays 1 to 1.
– Column: This is a bet on one of the three columns of numbers on the board. Place the bet by putting a chip on the “2 to1” spot at the bottom of the column chosen. The bet wins if the ball stops on any of the numbers in the column and pays 2 to1.
– Dozen: A dozen bet is made on one of three groups of numbers on the board. To make the bet, put the chip on either the “1st 12,” “2nd 12,” or “3rd 12” space on the board. If the ball stops on one number within the player’s chosen twelve, the bet is a winner. This bet pays 2 to1.
Online Roulette Guide Tips for Winning
There are no tips or the perfect roulette guide that will guarantee you’ll win when playing the game. Instead, because it’s a game of chance, the best way to win is to cut down the house edge both with the types of wagers you make and the version of the game chosen.
Players should choose the type of game with the lowest house edge, like French roulette. Players can also find some American roulette games that offer a ‘surrender’ if the house lands on 0 or 00, in which half the player’s bet is returned when the ball lands either of these two numbers.
Although the payouts are lower, placing even money bets will give players the highest odds of winning over time which is the best way of making money playing roulette. Remember, if you want to know more about Slots Paradise, check our social media and join our community.