Casino School: How to Play Slot Machines
Intro to Slots
When you think of a casino, what is the first thing that comes to mind? What is a slot? How to Play Slot Machines?
Typically, the answer will be a slot machine, and that makes a lot of sense. Slot machines give you a chance of playing for a very reasonable amount per spin and give you the potential to hit a jackpot and leave with a hefty profit. Read more about How to Play Slot Machines here!!
Objective of Slot Games
There are thousands of different slot machines in the world and millions more in online casinos. However, explaining each is going to be a little long so we will give an overview at 10,000 feet instead of each individual slot game. The objective of slots is to get a match to the point that there is a combination that will provide you with a cash reward.
How to Play Slot Machines
How to Play Slot Machines have a bunch of different aspects to them so we will again dive into this at a general level instead of each individual slot machine.
- Setting Your Bets: Most slot machines give you the chance of wagering one through five tokens, and the more reels you wager on, the more different directions that you can have for potential winning combinations.
- Play or Autoplay: One aspect that you can get in an online casino setting that you cannot if you are at a physical casino is the ability to autoplay. The regular play option is still there as you can click on the play option each time in order to initiate the next game. However, if you select autoplay it will continue playing with however many tokens you wagered until either you deselect it or you run out of tokens to fulfill a wager.
- Bonus/Free Spins: Some games will award you free spins if you land on specific items in a single spin (typically three of a Wild or Bonus icon regardless of their position to one another). It will usually bring you to a different screen and depending on the game it will give you an additional wheel or selection with a bonus going on.
- RTP (Return to Player): This is probably one of the most important things to understand as you are playing a slot game. This calculates the chances of winning at a particular game based on previous outcomes by other players on the machine/game. The higher the RTP, the more likely you are to win at the slot machine
Online Slots Strategy & Types
The reels are going to give you the opportunity to have more bang for your buck as reels are how many in a single column will be shown in a single spin. There are three different online slots strategy of reels to be familiar with as they dominate the casino
- Three Reel Slots: This is more of the traditional (Think some of the more classic slot machines) and typically has just a single payline that you need to win. They usually have a medium RTP with some space in between the icons with no value if you land on them.
- Five Reel Slots: These seem to be the more common slots that you see nowadays. The five reels typically have bonus features as well as they are sprinkled into the game in order to get some bigger payouts.
- Seven Reel Slots: They typically have a 7×3 grid to play with and give the player more of an opportunity to initiate a free spin with more icons on the board in a single spin. They also give you the most paylines as some allow up to 192 fixed paylines in their slot game due to the different directions it can go.
How to Play Online Slots Tips and Strategies
One tip for How to play online slots is to choose your slot carefully. Different slots are going to offer a multitude of different things in order to entice you, whether it be a theme with a franchise you like or bright lights and flashy titles. However, look at the RTP and the payout structure because those are more important than what slot game you play.
Another tip is to look for the smaller jackpots and not just focus on the highest jackpot in the room. This means that these are easier to obtain and more likely to hit. Those huge jackpots have a very small chance to hit while the smaller jackpot indicates they are more likely to be hit with a spin.
Finally, set a limit that you are willing to spend. You always feel that you are one spin away from hitting that jackpot and having a set limit that you are willing to put in BEFORE you play is critical. This helps manage your bankroll and makes it easier to walk away without going broke.
Slot machines have been around for a long time and will continue as it is simply a press your luck type of game that does not require any general knowledge in order to be successful. Make sure to set up your account in order to get into the account and follow some of the things here in order to be successful. Remember, if you want to know more about Slots Paradise, check our social media and join our community.